Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Star Wars Wednesday #44: THE BOUNTY HUNTER ON ORD MANTELL

Skorr. India ink on cardstock.

I have a feeling the new Marvel comics are getting ready to overwrite this character, but I'm hoping they bring Skorr back as the bounty hunter on Ord Mantell that Han refers to in The Empire Strikes Back. It would be a great homage to the stories told by Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson in the Star Wars newspaper strips. 

While looking up a link to the story, I came across Nathan Butler's Star Wars Library #40 which deals with the story I'm referring to. At around 5:10 he explains the story I'm referencing. Then goes on to explain how other authors tried to tell the same story. I wasn't aware of these other stories, so I thought it was kind of fascinating. (By the way, Nathan is the author of the Star Wars Timeline Gold.)



Thanks for looking,
Mike
For commissions or requests: lynchmikew@gmail.com

No comments: