Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Star Wars Wednesday #43: MARA JADE

Mara Jade. India ink on bristol board, 6x9. 

Here's the second one for today. 

I'm planning to focus on classic characters on Star Wars Wednesdays, but here is one of two characters from Legends that I really wanted to draw. Mara Jade is a fan favorite created by Timothy Zahn. This drawing is based on a scene from The Last Command, the final book in his trilogy that started the Expanded Universe (there were other novels prior to Zahn's, but his book really got the EU going). 

There are a lot of pictures of Mara Jade out there, usually dressed in a skin tight black outfit. I used the cover of The Last Command as a reference for Jade's look here. 

I read somewhere that Mara Jade will not be part of Luke Skywalker's future. In Legends, they are married. I'm okay with the change, but it would be cool if the story group brought the character into the New Canon in some way. 

They'll probably change that other Legends character I plan to draw as well, but I'm hoping they bring him back and just revise him. Who is it? You'll just have to tune in next week to see.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
For commissions or requests: lynchmikew@gmail.com






No comments: