Thursday, February 26, 2015

KIRBY CHARACTERS: The Marvel Universe

This is kind of a "Throwback Thursday" post. I've been kind of busy with other art jobs, so I'm cheating with this post. Actually, I'm going to take a break from Kirby Characters for a little while to get caught up on other things.

Anyway, before anyone gets technical with me and objects to Jack Kirby creating the Marvel Universe, I'd say he, along with Stan Lee and Steve Ditko on Spider-Man, essentially created the Marvel U. Of course, he didn't create every character, but without his work in the 60s, we probably wouldn't have Marvel.

I mean, look at who's represented. Four of the original Avengers who also have had their own books since the 60s (Captain America and Iron Man shared a book originally). He co-created the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. There's even some debate whether he had a hand in creating Marvel's most iconic character Spider-Man, not to take anything away from Steve Ditko. Apparently, he also had some input in the creation of Daredevil as well.

Anyway, the pics above where originally posted here:
Thor
X-Men
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Thing

And here's all of my Kirby Character posts so far. I hope to be back with this series soon. If you have any requests let me know and I'll try to post them as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
For comic art commissions: lynchmikew@gmail.com

No comments: