Thursday, October 13, 2016

LEX LUTHOR

Lex Luthor (based on Clancy Brown)
There were two things that really bothered me about Batman v Superman. One was that the two cities were across the river from each other. That really annoyed me. Is the DC cinematic universe really that small? Are we going to find out that Atlantis is located IN that river? Maybe I'm letting it bother me too much. Did it bother any of you?

The othet thing was Lex Luthor. I won't go into a full critique of Eisenberg's Luthor, but I hated him. That was not Lex Luthor to me. I don't even think I can sit through that movie again because of that Luthor--and I was a fan of Man of Steel!

Anyway, if it had been up to me, I would have cast Clancy Brown. Despite small roles and a lot of voice acting (including the animated Lex), he's a capable actor. His booming voice alone would carry the role. Seriously, why don't they put me in charge of this stuff?!!!

Today's #Inktober drawing is based on his likeness. Well, it's supposed to be. It was a little tricky. Clancy Brown usually has a very full head of hair and a goatee these days. I may try this again when I have a little more time.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
For commissions: lynchmikew@gmail.com

No comments: