Monday, November 24, 2014

Hailstone Mountain Revisited

Hailstone Mountain is a book by Lars Walker. I had the opportunity to paint the cover for the book. The actual painting is for sale here, but for today's post I wanted to focus on some of my favorite details of the painting. If the direction of the painting had been completely left to me, the main figures would have been a little less detailed and more simplified, like those you see in the background.


Of course, I would have refined them a little more and made them a little more detailed if they were larger and the focal point of the image. They are small on the painting and even smaller on the book cover.


This guy is actually based on Lars Walker, the author of Hailstone Mountain.


I think this dude is my favorite.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
For commissions: lynchmikew@gmail.com

No comments: