Thursday, August 28, 2014

KIRBY CHARACTERS: Absorbing Man


Absorbing Man. Digital

About a year and a half ago I created a new blog call "Kirby Characters." It was completely separate from this blog. It didn't work out. I just couldn't keep it going. So, welcome to what I hope will be a somewhat regular feature on this blog. Tune in each Thursday (at least that's what I'm gonna attempt) for a new Kirby Character.

I love Jack Kirby comic books. In this feature I will be sharing drawings of characters created or co-created by Kirby. Some, like the one above, appeared on that failed blog, but this feature will mostly showcase new illustrations of classic, strange, and obscure comic book characters.

Today would have been Jack Kirby's 97th birthday. Here's some info on Kirby:
http://kirbymuseum.org/biography/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kirby

Absorbing Man was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby for Marvel Comics. His first appearance was in Journey into Mystery #114 (1965)

Thanks for looking,
Mike
For comic art commissions: lynchmikew@gmail.com

No comments: